Wednesday, October 13, 2010

rip computer

so you may have noticed (most likely not), but i haven't written a blog post in a while. it's because my computer has been dying a slow death since i got to africa. the past couple weeks it took a turn for the worst and decided to stop connecting to the internet and opening up any programs. a little difficult to do any work without a computer, so i have been stealing people's computers when i can to get work done. thankfully, my amazing dad worked some of his magic and i should be receiving a computer in a couple days :) hooray

for some reason computers in africa are very susceptible to viruses. also, it doesn't help that here in the office people use flash drives all the time to share documents (to save on using bandwidth), which spreads the viruses. i was unaware of this my first couple days here, and let a couple people in the office use my flash drive. i believe that is where the problem originated. silly me. learned my lesson.

it's a funny metaphor though: the more sticks you put in your computer, the higher chance of getting a virus.

pretty poetic for a company that works with hiv prevention haha. basically, i learned i need to stop being a slut with my computer so it doesn't get any more viruses :)

on a different note, im heading to malawi tomorrow for a music festival called lake of stars! a group of 10 of us are going, so it should be pretty fun. its on the beach on a big lake with tons of uk and local artists performing. hopefully when i get back my computer will be here and ill be able to tell you all about it in a blog post. keeping my fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha computer slut. definitely a powerful metaphor! sorry your computer kicked the bucket. I'm loving all your posts!

    ReplyDelete